Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I am so pissed off with work right now...

... so I've decided that I'm not going to do anything today.

I'm pissed off today because I had a conversation with one of the senior managers this morning about being able to apply for personal promotion this year. The rule is that you've got to be 3 years at the top of your scale in order to be eligible for promotion. I was off-scale from 1 January 2001 to 31 December 2005 and I haven't had a pay review since 1 January 2003. On-scale increments are applied in October of each year, but because of how my contract was set up, my pay reviews were conducted in January. On 1 January this year, I was put on the top of the SEA scale and told that my years at the top of my off-scale range would count for promotion purposes. Then when they were looking for the list of eligible staff, they asked for people who were 3 years on top of scale since 1 October 2002. So they're trying to argue that I'm not eligible.

Bastards.

I'm saying that the rule states 3 years at top of scale, which I have. People who are on-scale will still only be showing up if they've been on the top point since 2002. I think the manager dude is trying to come up with a work around so that I'll be able to go for it.

Still, I'm so angry about it that I haven't really done any work at all today and I don't think I'm going to either.

Fuck'em

3 comments:

Gerry said...

Wait, aren't you in the civil service and due 10% automatically anyway and get loads and loads of holidays and guaranteed job for life / great pension, flexitime, feck all hours etc?
And you're whinging, why?
Sorry, yes, I am an insensitive bastard as I face into my 10 hour days....

Sinéad said...

Nope, not in the civil service. Also, you seem to forget that I pay taxes too, so all those pay rises you're giving out about - I'm funding them and not benefitting from them. Refer back to the bit where I mentioned no pay reviews (or pay rises) since 2003. Grrrrr.

Gerry said...

poor girl, you dont get any of this 10% partnership crap? on the plus side you get, what, 143 days holidays a year? There there. Tell you what, next time I see you I'll bring cookies. That'll cheer ya up girl.