Friday, August 31, 2007

Being a student isn't as much fun as I remember

So I've been out of work for two weeks. I kinda like it. I'm supposed to have one more week off before I start my PhD and lecturing schtick, but coz I'm such a sad little go-getter, I've signed up to do a seminar course and a consortium next week. I may have slightly underestimated the amount of work I'd have to do to prepare for it.

The result of this was that I spent the last fortnight, allegedly on holidays with my family, ignoring my husband and yelling at my kids to "shut up, mommy's reading", or "be quiet, mommy's working", or just plain "go away and annoy your dad, mommy's busy". I'm not proud of it. I'm just saying, is all.

Anyway, I've 2 days left before the seminar course begins and I've read 10 of the required 16 papers. I also need to meet up with one of the other students and prepare a presentation based on 3 of the papers I haven't read yet. I've also got to read a bunch of research proposals and prepare another presentation based on my own for the consortium. And I still haven't had a chance to review the course material for the lectures I'm supposed to start giving on Monday week...

Busy, busy, busy.

1 comment:

Gerry said...

you forgot to mention getting shitfaced on cheap booze and sleeping on the floor of a house in shantalla rd