Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Coffee for the Teacher

I think one of my students asked me out yesterday. It's been a long time since anyone has asked me out, so I'm not sure if he did or not. In my day, you wouldn't ask (or be asked) in front of other people. Perhaps the fear of rejection outweighed the mild interest in the actual answer?

Anyway, I was helping a group of students work on a web assignment and I suggested that I should start charging for extra tuition, but said that a hot cup of coffee on my desk before the next class would suffice. Then he said: "Forget the coffee, will you come for a drink with me instead?"

I just laughed. "Aha ha ha!" The other students laughed. He laughed. I said "You need to make sure the link is relative, or else it won't work when you put it up on the server", desperately trying to change the subject, or at least get back to safe ground.

Is it really conceited to think that he might have been asking me out? Still, I do hope he wasn't actually serious. Oh God, that would be awkward.

1 comment:

Gerry said...

Forget the student. You need a real man. So Friday night how about we go on the piss while we leave your husband minding the kids and Urs minding him?