Thursday, February 09, 2006

Insomniac ShitList: Advertisements

I'm not down on advertisements per se, but there are certain ones that I really don't like:

Item Two (added 9 February 2006)
Lucozade.
What was wrong with the old "Replaces lost ener-geeeeeeeeeee!" jingle?
Now we've got some funky dancing zombies, with missing body parts. What's the subtext? Drinking Lucozade will rot your insides, make your arms fall off your body and your eyes fall out of your head. No-one else in the shopping centre will want to hang out with you, except for other creepy-looking Lucozade-drinking zombies, who just want to eat what's left of your brains anyway. Hmmm, it just doesn't hit the right note with me... even if the jingle is better.

Item One (added 19 October 2004)
Harvey-bloody-Norman.
Have you heard the latest ad? Listen to this crap. What I would like to know is, what alternative does this Antipodean addle-pate suggest to "electrical computers"? I tried (though not very hard) to find the Harvey Norman website, but a google search for "Harvey Norman Superstore" (pages from Ireland) gave me this beautiful rant instead

No comments: