Thursday, June 24, 2004

When two people love each other very, very much...

I got some major news last night. Two of my best friends (let's call them James and Gerard because those are their names) are splitting up!

James and Gerard have lived together for about eight years and it is probably worth mentioning that they are not actually a couple. To be honest, we all thought that they were heterosexual life partners and nothing would (or could) come between them. They even shared a girlfriend for a while a few years ago (though again, I should clarify that Gerard liked the girl and invited her to a party at our house and then she and James hooked up, so there wasn't any actual sharing).

But now a woman, yes! a woman, has broken up the match made in heaven. James is leaving Gerard to live with his lady-love.

I'm a little confused by my feelings at the moment. I feel sad that two people, who are obviously made for one another, are splitting up; but I'm also really pleased for James and Ms Anonymous (I don't know her well enough to be comfortable publishing her identity on the Internet). Plus I'm delighted that Brown Thomas are having a sale at the moment, so I can go and buy a really nice outfit and a hat for their wedding...

Confusion - dissipating...
Let the spending commence!

No comments: