Friday, June 18, 2004

Decisions, decisions...

I have been invited to join another blog.
It's quite a good one too - it's even got people who read it.
Some of the people who read it don't even know the people who write it!
I'm a big fan of this other blog (see link to Lunchtime, Poetry & Pain; it'll be worth your while), though anyone who knows me will be aware of my bias and the reasons for it.
(For those of you who don't know, my husband and some of his friends write it, hence the favourable bias.)

Anyhoo - here's my quandary (it comes in two installments):

Quandary part (a)
If I were to start blogging on Lunchtime, then chances are Tirade would fall by the wayside. Is this a good thing?

In the first place, I suppose it depends on how you feel about Tirade. If this is a load of rubbish, then who's gonna miss it?

Secondly though, I always feel that a woman needs some sort of independence, even if she's perfectly happy with her current co-dependent status. So even if I do join the other blog, I could always have this to come back to. Nor is there anything stopping me from posting to both.

Quandary part (b)
Lunchtime is really good. It's funny and topical (or at least I think so). Would I be too far out of my league if I were to start posting there? Would I be lowering the standard that regular Lunchtime readers have come to expect?

I refer you back to the first part of my answer to quandary part (a). If this is a load of rubbish, then I should just stay the hell away!

Finally, the Lunchtime writers all work (and occasionally even have lunch) together, so I don't really fit the rhyming scheme!

What to do? What to do?

No comments: