Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Who says the Gods don't have a sense of humour?

Just because I don't think they're very funny doesn't mean that they're not laughing... those twisted beggars!

After my rant about Tommy the Bus Driver yesterday, I decided to cheer myself up by leaving work early and having a nice long evening of doing stuff that I wanted to do. Imagine my shock, if you will, when the early bus came round the corner being driven by none other than... (probably no need for a drumroll, because you've already guessed)... Tommy!

Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen. I could hear the Fates and the Furies all sitting around, sharing an eye and cackling. Blind Io even snorted milk out his nose (but that might have been caused by something else, because he couldn't actually see what was going on. Perhaps one of the others told him. I don't know).

I was willing yesterday to allow the Gods their triumph over the petty affairs of humans. I even laughed a bit myself. Well, grimaced. But in a mostly good-humoured way.

This morning was a different story though. I was on time. I caught my usual bus. Why then, was bloody Tommy driving it again??? Gods, it's not funny anymore. The joke is over. Please?

No comments: