Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Nicest Beard Competition

To those of you who have been following the trials and tribulations of my life, or just reading my blog and the comments on it, I am pleased to announce that I will be sitting in judgement at the "Nicest Beard Competition" tonight.

This event will be held in the Life Bar, Irish Life Mall, Dublin 1 (Ireland, not Texas, for any of my geographically-challenged readers) from 5.30 this evening.

My sources tell me that there are just two combatants remaining in the contest. One went off to Thailand, where presumably, beard-growing is an optional occupation; the other gave up and shaved a fortnight ago on the grounds that he wasn't meeting enough women who were willing to kiss his hirsute visage. Apparently, the kissing (or lack thereof) was a greater danger to his self-esteem than being beaten by his peers, jeered at for being pussy-whipped and generally being humiliated in public. His testosterone-levels will also be called into question at the judging ceremony.

I will report back to my loyal readers tomorrow and let them know who won the coveted moniker of "Nicest Beard" - and no, we don't mean the "nicest lesbian companion of a gay man", though the talk of testosterone could have been misleading...

No comments: