Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Making it up as I go along

D'ya ever have one of those days in work, where you're so on top of everything that you spend the entire day twiddling your thumbs and/or desperately trying to appear busy and industrious?

I'm having one of those today...

  • I've been incredibly efficient
  • I've been responding to people's queries on the spot
  • I've been making up things for me to do
  • I've done the things that I made up to do
  • I've followed up on things that I've put on the long finger for the past two months
  • I've cleared my entire In-Tray
  • I've hovered around the Reception desk for 40 minutes
  • I've checked my post and email inbox every 5 minutes on the off-chance that someone else has sent me something to do
  • I've walked around the corridors of my building, carrying files so that I look busy
  • I've started trying to create my own crossword
  • I've written a needlessly long blog about a rather short-lived episode in my life
  • I'm desperately dragging together a list of rubbish to create another blog and also to try and allieviate the boredom

God! It's not looking so good for me today, is it? I've still got another 2 hours to fill in aswell. Days like today are even more exhausting than days when you're flat out from the moment you sit at your desk, till the second you run away...

No comments: