Friday, October 01, 2004

Random Strangers, Beware!

I've gone a bit mental.

I'm blaming my hormonal state but honestly, I think I'm just using that as an excuse to say and do the things that I've always wanted to say and do to the people who irritate me. And I'm very easily irritated.

This is making life very uneasy for my long-suffering husband. I've given him permission to pretend not to know me when we're in public, in case the random stranger I've just verbally abused wants to hit him. I'm making the assumption that no-one would actually hit a pregnant woman wearing glasses.

I mentioned that I'm very easily irritated and that's not a lie. People who stop for a chat at the top of the stairs or in a doorway are high on my shit-list. As are people who get on the bus on the wrong side (left for coin fares, right for pre-paid tickets); people who talk in the cinema; people who listen to their walkman with the music turned up really loud, so that even though I'm sitting 3 rows behind and on the other side of the bus, I can still hear the lyrics of what they're listening to...

I'll stop there because this could just turn into a list of stuff that annoys me, rather than the intended warning to random strangers so that they don't get an only partially deserved ear-bashing from a orange-headed bespectacled pregnant harridan with a bad attitude (i.e. me).

Behave yourselves.
You have been warned.

1 comment:

Niall said...

I better be careful around you so.
I totally agree with your list of irriating things especially the walkman one and the one where people stop to have a chat in a doorway to block the way.